Please Note: this is not a PCSC sponsored event but does qualify for 1 external training credit for PCSC members.
The Stark County Safety Council is very excited to partner with OSHA to present a “Trench Safety Conference”. This special event should be attended by your field workers, safety professionals and anyone that needs to learn more about keeping workers safe in trench and excavating operations.
Click here for more information.
Click here for the PDF Registration Form.
Ashley Baden, certified MHFA trainer, gives us a snapshot of the internationally recognized Mental Health First Aid training in Episode 49 of the Portage County Safety Council Podcast. Click here to listen now.
Update: we have removed the “3 people per company” limit. PCSC members may now register more than 3 employees until the class is sold out.
Greetings Safety Council Members!
Our next meeting is Thursday, September 13, 2018, 11:30am-1:00pm, at the Ravenna Elks Club which is located at 776 N Freedom St in Ravenna.
Our topic for this month is…
Accident Investigation, presented by Debbie O’Connell, Regional Manager, 1-888-OhioComp.
Debbie O’Connell has over 20 years of experience in workers’ compensation. She has been educating, advising, and a resource for employers’ workers’ compensation programs for both public and private sector. Debbie is currently a Regional Manager for 1-888-Ohio Comp an MCO (managed care organization) and serves at the PCSC Steering Committee Chair.
This training is ideal for safety managers & human resource staff!
Please RSVP no later than 12pm on Monday, September 10, 2018.
CLICK HERE TO RSVP NOW
Please make your check payable to: “Portage County Safety Council.” If you would like to pay by credit card prior to the event, please email us for an invoice. Cost for lunch is still just $15/person for members (who RSVP by deadline) and $20 for non-members or walk-ins (including members who do not RSVP by deadline).
This Meeting is Sponsored By Ving!
UPDATE: THIS EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT!
There are a few Free BWC safety classes coming to the North Canton Service office in August that might benefit your company.
Please consider attending one of these ½ day classes. See the BWC catalog for descriptions for each class.
- Behavior-based Safety Systems Half-day Workshop – Aug 2 – 8:30AM – 12noon
- Personal Protective Equipment Selection Criteria – Aug 8 – 8:30AM – 12noon
- Job Safety Analysis – Aug 8 – 1 PM to 4:30PM
- Lockout/Tagout and Safety-related Work Practices – Aug 2 – 8:30AM – 12noon
- Machine Guarding Basics – Aug 2 – 1 PM to 4:30PM
Go to www.bwclearningcenter.com to enroll.
This event is hosted by Northern Ohio Chapter of the ASSE and qualifies for 1 safety council external training credit.
Click here for the flyer from the ASSE.
This training is hosted by the Portage County Commissioners and the Portage County Office of Homeland Security & Emergency Management. It will be held on Thursday, April 12, 2018, 6pm, at Maplewood Career Center.
Click here for more info.
Welcome to the 3rd edition of our new monthly newsletter!
Our goal for the newsletter is to connect our members to relevant safety resources, all linked together in one convenient location every month. We hope you find this resource useful and valuable!
Our podcasts are now on iTunes, Podbean, and Google Play! That means you have access to a great training resource right on your phone. Our shorter, straight to the point Safety Talks from local experts would be ideal for tool box talks, meeting ice breakers, or as a supplemental training tool.
- Podcast Safety Talks: Flu Prevention in One Minute (1:42), 2018 Flu Update (7:19), Flu Prevention (7:50), and more! Visit our new podcast site on Podbean!
- February’s Safety Update from the Ohio BWC Library. Each edition provides up-to-date news & safety information.
- BWC Updates: These are the power points presented by BWC Representative Nic Coia at our monthly meetings, including the most recent one from 2/8/18.
- 2018 EXPO!!! The 3rd biannual Portage County Workplace Health & Safety Expo will be on Friday, June 22, 2018, 8am-3pm, at Maplewood Career Center! More info coming soon. Vendor tables start at $50 and sponsorships start at $200.
- Second Half Semi-Annual Reports were due on January 15, 2018. If your company has not yet successfully completed them, please do so immediately to remain rebate eligible! Follow the link to complete online or to download forms.
- External Training Credit Opportunities: We post them on our blog as outside organizations send them to us. A maximum of 2 external training credits are allowed per program year to help members earn the 10 minimum attendance credits required by the rebate,
- Next Monthly Meeting: Thursday, March 1, 2018. Follow the link to RSVP. Please Note: this date is not our regular 2nd Thursday meeting date. Its 1 week earlier due to the Ohio Safety Congress event in Columbus.
- March 27-28, 2018 – Fall Protection Competent Person Training. SOLD OUT!
Hosted by the Ohio BWC North Canton Service Office, this training qualifies for 1 safety council external training credit.
Click here for more info.
Please Note: this is not a PCSC sponsored event, please see appropriate contact on the flyer for additional information.