Thank you for your interest in becoming a guest on the Portage County Safety Council Podcast!
Please review the F.A.Q.’s below and contact us to be a guest on our podcast. Please include a brief bio, the topics you would like cover, and a sample of your work if possible (or link to your media, website, etc.).
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the format of your podcasts?
We record our podcasts in two primary formats, both aimed at helping member companies improve their safety programs, outcomes, and general understanding of related topics.
- Safety Talks: Safety Talks are up to 5 minute monologues by local professionals aimed at providing specific and straight-to-the-point information that can easily be accessed & utilized by members for activities such as tool box talks, etc.
- Safety Chats: Safety Chats are 5-30 minute interviews or round-table discussions with local professionals in order to provide more insight and commentary into various safety & health related topics. The goal of every Safety Chat is to broaden the understanding of the listener in every topic covered.
Who is the target audience?
The target audience is local employers in the Portage County area, more specifically, Portage County Safety Council members. Our members represent various businesses and industries including but not limited to manufacturing (about 60%), healthcare, government, schools, social services, transportation, etc. We have up approximately 120 members attend our monthly safety luncheons.
What type of topics are you looking for?
The PCSC is a forum for workplace safety so we are looking for any topic that can help our members improve the safety of their employees and facilities, etc. Please keep in mind that while there may be overlap into other topic areas such as public health, etc., our target audience is local employers. All content should be aimed at employers.
What is the recording process like?
The recording process is simple and not as scary as it sounds! We record in person in Ravenna, OH. We record on a laptop using a Blue Yeti microphone. After a brief soundcheck, we will first record your Safety Talk and then the Safety Chat. The recording will then be edited and made available online at later date.
How should I prepare for the recording session?
- Be prepared for the topic! If recording a Safety Talk, be sure to bring a script (since it’s a monologue), don’t wing it. Safety Chats are much looser. If recording a Safety Chat, bullet point & print a few key points/stats or make a few note cards that are easy to read and are easily accessible during the recording.
- Bring a pair of earbuds or headphones. This will allow you hear what you and the hosts sound like during the recording sessions.
- Don’t stress about it! Most people (if not all) become overly conscious about their voice and what they sound like. Don’t stress about it just be you! While we want a high quality recording, we’re not looking for perfection. We’re looking to help employers improve their safety performance by providing them with good content.
Who has the rights to the content?
By recording, you agree to give the rights of the content to the Portage County Safety Council. If your organization requires approval before content can be published, we ask that you receive approval prior to recording. Please contact us if you have any further questions regarding the rights of the content.
Can I make a handout or power point available online?
If you would like to make a handout or power point, etc., available to our listeners, we would be happy to post it with your podcasts on our website. The handout or power point must be directly correlated to the podcast topic and cannot contain any political or controversial information. Contact us for any further related questions.