Welcome to the Portage County Safety Council Podcast!
To listen to the podcasts, click on the title of each episode below.
- Episode 5 – The Costs of Improper Handwashing at Work. In this interview, Justin Rechichar of the Portage County Health District shares that according to CDC statistics, employers lose an average of $1,685 in production per employee every year. Something he says that can be significantly reduced by proper handwashing. (14:21)
- Episode 4 – Safety Talk: Workplace Handwashing. Justin Rechichar, Program Supervisor from the Portage County Health District gives us a crash course on the importance of proper handwashing at work. (5:29)
- Episode 3 – How to Reduce the Risks of Slips, Trips, & Falls at Work. PCSC Manager Mike Thompson interviews BWC Industrial Safety Consultant Nicholas Coia on how to reduce the risks of slips, trips, & falls at work. (8:00)
- Episode 2 – Safety Talk: Slips, Trips, & Falls. Nicholas Coia, Industrial Safety Consultant from the Ohio BWC presents on how to prevent slips, trips, & falls. (4:46)
- Episode 1 – Podcast Kickoff! PCSC Manager Mike Thompson & BWC Representative Nicholas Coia cast vision and discuss the purpose of the new Portage County Safety Council Podcast. (5:16)
About the Portage County Safety Council Podcast:
The Portage County Safety Podcast is aimed at helping member companies improve their safety programs, outcomes, and general understanding of related topics. The podcasts are available in two main formats:
- Safety Talks: Safety Talks are 3-5 minute monologues by local professionals aimed at providing specific and straight-to-the-point information that can easily be accessed & utilized by members for activities such as tool box talks, etc.
- Safety Chats: Safety Chats are 5-30 minute interviews or round-table discussions with local professionals in order to provide more insight and commentary into various safety & health related topics. The goal of every Safety Chat is to broaden the understanding of the listener in every topic covered.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in the podcasts may not reflect the views of any affiliated or sponsoring individuals or organizations. Listeners should carefully weigh information provided and seek advice from an appropriate professional before implementing. Listener discretion is advised.