Welcome to the Portage County Safety Council Podcast!
To listen to the podcasts, visit our new podcast page, use one of the apps mentioned above, or simply click on the title of each episode below.
- Episode 16 – Social & Emotional Aspects of Workplace Safety. Is there more to safety than policy & education? Do social & emotional variables influence the level of compliance by employees? (17:08)
- Episode 15 – Safety Blast: Flu Prevention in One Minute. Tips from the Portage County Combined Health District on how to prevent the flu in just over a minute. (1:42) This episode would make a great meeting ice breaker or tool box talk!
- Episode 14 – 2018 Flu Update Interview. In this interview, Susan Forgacs, Public Health Nurse from the Portage County Combined Health District answers questions regarding local flu stats and vaccination information. (7:19)
- Episode 13 – Safety Talk: Flu Prevention. In this Safety Talk, Susan Forgacs, Public Health Nurse from the Portage County Combined Health District gives us some timely tips on flu prevention. (7:50) This episode would make a great meeting ice breaker or tool box talk!
- Episode 12 – Rig it Right: Interview with Al Abel. After his excellent presentation at our monthly luncheon, Lifting Specialist Al Abel from Mazzella Lifting Technologies stayed over to give us a recap. (24:16)
- Episode 11 – How to Stay Safe Driving in the Winter. In this interview, Lori Cook, Traffic Safety Advisor for AAA East Central NEO joins us to discuss how to stay safe driving in winter weather. (13:11)
- Episode 10 – Safety Talk: Winter Driving Safety. Lori Cook, Traffic Safety Advisor for AAA East Central NEO shares how to stay safe on the road in the winter. (7:18)
- Episode 9 – How to Prepare Your Vehicle for the Winter. Vince Stropko and Lori Cook of AAA East Central NEO join us on this Safety Chat to discuss how to prepare your vehicle(s) for the winter. (11:02)
- Episode 8 – Safety Talk: Winter Vehicle Prep. Vince Stropko, Approved Auto Repair Rep for AAA East Central NEO, provides tips on how to prep your vehicle for that frigid Northeast Ohio winter! (3:15)
- Episode 7 – PERRP Update. Glenn McGinley, the Director of PERRP for the Ohio BWC, sat down with us after his presentation at Maplewood Career Center on December 21, 2017. (12:51)
- Episode 6 – BONUS TALK: Safe Holiday Driving. Lynette Blasiman, Project Director of Portage County Safe Communities reminds us to drive safe during the holiday season. (3:34)
- Episode 5 – The Costs of Improper Handwashing at Work. In this interview, Justin Rechichar of the Portage County Health District shares that according to CDC statistics, employers lose an average of $1,685 in production per employee every year. Something he says that can be significantly reduced by proper handwashing. (14:21)
- Episode 4 – Safety Talk: Workplace Handwashing. Justin Rechichar, Program Supervisor from the Portage County Health District gives us a crash course on the importance of proper handwashing at work. (5:29)
- Episode 3 – How to Reduce the Risks of Slips, Trips, & Falls at Work. PCSC Manager Mike Thompson interviews BWC Industrial Safety Consultant Nicholas Coia on how to reduce the risks of slips, trips, & falls at work. (8:00)
- Episode 2 – Safety Talk: Slips, Trips, & Falls. Nicholas Coia, Industrial Safety Consultant from the Ohio BWC presents on how to prevent slips, trips, & falls. (4:46)
- Episode 1 – Podcast Kickoff! PCSC Manager Mike Thompson & BWC Representative Nicholas Coia cast vision and discuss the purpose of the new Portage County Safety Council Podcast. (5:16)
Disclaimer: Views expressed in the podcasts may not reflect the views of any affiliated or sponsoring individuals or organizations. Listeners should carefully weigh information provided and seek advice from an appropriate professional before implementing. Listener discretion is advised.