In addition to the monthly workplace safety luncheons the Portage County Safety Council is actively involved in multiple projects that are aimed at benefiting & improving the local community.
- Portage County Safety Council Podcast: The Portage County Safety Podcast is a monthly podcast series aimed at helping member companies & local employers improve their safety programs, outcomes, and general understanding of related topics. Every month local safety & health-related professionals share their expertise with listeners.
- Portage County Workforce Health & Wellness Coalition: This project is made up of several local agencies, schools, and businesses collaborating in order to promote employer-based health & wellness programs and to improve the overall health of Portage County workers.
- Safety Education Fund: Generated through 50/50 drawings at our monthly luncheons, this project provides funding for various safety training opportunities throughout the year, typically offered to employees of member companies at no charge.
- Annual Food Drives: We host 1-2 food drives every calendar year that benefits local food banks in order to help feed the hungry in Portage County.
- Monthly Hot Food Donations: We donate all leftover catering from our monthly luncheons to the Center of Hope in Ravenna who provides hot meals 5 days a week for up to 100 people.